the comfort of a modern log cabin styled lodge complete with private bedrooms,
baths, hot showers and flush toilets in the middle of Katmai's coastal
wilderness. When you shower, the pleasing aroma of cedar fills the room. An
Eco-Friendly Lodge. We use wind and solar energy to minimize our impact on the
environment. Modern and private amenities in the middle of the wilderness at
Alaska’s Katmai National Park to compliment your bear viewing experiences. True
gourmet meals are prepared for you in accordance with your preferences.
Why Katmai Wilderness Lodge Instead of Competitors?
• Bears in abundance – There are hundreds of lodges in Alaska and the primary
activity for most of them is sports-fishing, whereas our primary activity is
bear-viewing. Other lodges will not guarantee that you will see bears, because
they just don’t have them in abundance like we do.
• Very experienced guides – Perry Mollan, our Senior Guide & On-Site Manager,
has 30 years of experience as a bear-viewing and sports-fishing guide inside of
and on the coast of Katmai National Park. Perry is a fourth generation Alaskan.
All of our guides have met the qualifications and have been issued marine vessel
Masters Licenses by the U.S. Coast Guard.
• Limited capacity – Our lodge’s capacity is limited to 12 guests (double
occupancy), so guests receive plenty of one-on-one attention from the staff of
four. No crowds!
• Not a tent camp – Our lodge is stoutly built with logs and wood, providing
security for our guests, especially when they are sleeping. People staying in
tent camps may not feel so secure when sleeping in bear country.
• No viewing platforms or time limits – Our guests are out in the field all day
for either bear-viewing, sports-fishing or both, and half a day on their arrival
and departure days.
• Custom built boats – Our boats were custom built for the environment in which
we operate and the activities we offer. They have cabins for keeping warm and
landing craft style bow doors, so guests can get on and off easily, as there
aren’t any docks in this wilderness setting. Each boat is limited to 6 guests.
• No premium charge for single guests – Single guests are not charged a premium
for occupying a double occupancy room by themselves.
• Eco-friendly lodge – Although we have a generator for electrical power, it is
used sparingly and usually just to charge batteries while our guests are out in
the field. Our lodge relies on power generated by a windmill and solar panels